Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

batteries need replacement after 1 week of use

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
delrayjoe
Follower
Follower

I purchased the Arlo 4 camera security system on the home shopping network on Dec. 22 , 2017 .I installed the camers on the first week of Jan. 2018. This morning I received an e - mail from Arlo stating that the camera batteries were very weak and needed replacement after less than 1 week of use. Only 14 % usage left. Something is crazy these batteries I received must have been very old. Please ship batteries (16) free of charge.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

delrayjoe wrote:

I purchased the Arlo 4 camera security system on the home shopping network on Dec. 22 , 2017 .I installed the camers on the first week of Jan. 2018. This morning I received an e - mail from Arlo stating that the camera batteries were very weak and needed replacement after less than 1 week of use. Only 14 % usage left. Something is crazy these batteries I received must have been very old. Please ship batteries (16) free of charge.

for anything like this , you must contact Netgear Support ( link at bottom of page )

This can not be handled on the comm board.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

Are you leaving these cameras on all the time in a high traffic area? Or are you running Live View a lot?

If so then this is normal behavior. You need to keep the cameras in the disarmed state as much as possible, particularly when you are home and through various modes select when to arm them, like when you are away. Be sure to keep the latest firmware installed. If you have a motion activated porch light, for example, that will cut down on having the night vision turning on every time there is motion at night.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Please be aware that the estimated battery life is based off 5 minutes per day of recording and/or live viewing time. In fact, every time you open the app, the cameras will be polled and this will use up battery life. If you are using the camera in a high traffic area where activations and recording time are significantly more than 5 minutes worth per day, consider an Arlo Pro camera with either full time AC power or with a solar panel to recharge the built in rechargeable battery