Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
moist
Initiate
Initiate

OK, so I am having an issue with one of my cameras outside. it is producing like a pink to red colorizing kind of thing how do I fix this?I have attached an example thanks

and also i thought arlo cameras are waterproof ? i opened uo mine to change the batteries and it had water all in the battery compartment.

base station details:

firmware 1.9.4.0_15548

model VMB3010

camera in question:

firmware 1.2.1181BACK_11_24_2017 1_26_40pm_1511490400383.jpg

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The pink hue can sometimes be remedied by opening and closing the battery compartment to reset it or others have said they use the camera upside down and select the Invert Camera setting. It's a fault with an IR filter. You should be able to have the camera replaced under warranty.

These cameras are IP65 water resistant but cannot be submerged etc. The majority of the time when water has got in, it's because the user has failed to close the battery compartment door adequately

Aspirant
Aspirant

MODEL ARO PRO

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you post a screenshot? The pink picture problem of the original Arlo cameras doesn't affect the Arlo Pro cameras AFAIK because the Pro doesn't have the same mechanical IR filter inside it

Longtran87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought my arlo system and 1 out of 3 cameras has a pink/red tint, need help to resolve ASAP
Longtran87
Aspirant
Aspirant
This has been a really bad experience, I had trouble connecting to my router took me 3hrs to trouble shoot now this camera giving me issues.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The " red" cam is a hardware issue , either return it or contact Netgear for warranty 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Longtran87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like a warranty replacement ASAP. Please let me know who I need to contact or have someone contact me
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You will always need to make the contact, regardless of the product. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to open a case.

Daogman
Guide
Guide

I have the same exact problem. I tried everything recommended by the community but still getting red tint on one of my three cameras. These cameras are New right out of the box.

i open a case with support, no one has gotten back to me . Tried calling support , no one picked up. Looking for some help here.

Longtran87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Call the support number, be ready to be on hold for 40mins, they will ask you for the sn of the camera and a snap shot of the red tint image, then they will send you a replacement. It is a hardware issue.
Daogman
Guide
Guide

Called support , picked up right away, no wait time, support open a RMA, now waiting delivery of replacement, great service and a job well done

hope Netgear continues to stick by their products, I will recommend and buy more

jw5745
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the camera tinted pink/red problem  like many other people.

Purchased March of 2016.

Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, as in all the other similar threads here, the only solution is to open a case with support here.

EROracing
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also had a pink picture on one camera so I flipped it upside down like another member suggested, so far so good! On another camera night vision was sticking so I had to turn it off in order to correct the issue! Now did both of these things I did solve the problem.... Well kinda but really none if us should be having to modify a setting or adjust how our cameras are mounted! All everyone wants is these arlo cameras to work as advertised.... That's it! My 3 camera system is only a week old with 2 out of 3 cameras having issues, not good! I really like the concept but I may just return and get my money back I haven't decided yet!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo Pro is so much better than Arlo HD wirefree. It's worth it to pay a little bit extra for it. No pink tint problem guaranteed because the camera doesn't have the mechanical filter to get stuck

JJP4Arch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought these cameras in a 5 pack with the base station included.

2 of the cameras work properly showing color images in the light, and black and white night vision when it is dark.

2 of the 5 cameras suffered from this pink image problem when the room is brightly lit.  They work normally when the lights are out, using night vision IR.

1 of the 5 cameras shows color images in normal lighting, but can't display any night vision.  I can see the IR lights come on in front of camera around the lens, but the camera is unable to switch into night vision mode, and everything on the camera image is dark.

So 3 of 5 cameras in the box are defective.  I've been on the chat with Arlo and on the phone with Arlo support.  They tried to ship me 1 of the cameras in the from the chat session, but they shipped it to the wrong address. On the 2nd and 3rd broken cameras, they noticed the the first camera shipped to the wrong location.

Long story short, if you have the pink or red tinted image, Arlo will have to ship you a replacement camera, at least according to the phone support.  Not sure if they will work, but I'm hoping.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Within the store's return policy time, you generally have the ability to swap at the store, too.

heartlander
Initiate
Initiate

Bought the standard Arlo Security System with 3 cameras and have had nothing but fiddly behavioir from it since installation. 

See the screenshot for this morning's adventure.

Camera one (front of house) - fine

Camera two (front of house) - grayscale (still in nightvision mode?)

Camera three - porch (pink!)

Unless support responds to my ticket soon, this system will be boxed and returned.

I don't have time for climbing ladders every 2 days to reset cameras or bring them back to the base to re-synch. 

I don't mind troubleshooting, but I did not anticipate this much trouble in this short a time frame with a new system with 2 out of 3 cameras acting up, 

JH_05DEC2017.png

Dermcl
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras is displaying red instead of clear any help on why and what to do?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo HD? It's an IR filter getting stuck. You can try to reset the camera by removing the batteries and reinserting them. If that doesn't work, turn the camera upside down and change from bright light to dark (covering the lens with your hand) and back to bright. Some people find if they mount the camera upside down and use the settings to invert the image, it works fine. Otherwise, contact support at the bottom of the page and open a ticket. They should replace the camera for you as it's a known fault

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As suggested in the many threads here abou the same issue, open and close the battery door to see if it helps. If not, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

goep714
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one of my cameras is showing a pink image/video. I contacted support and they admitted that the camera was defective and that there were many other customers with the same issues but they told me my camera was out of warranty so the could not help me. 

Any one have a suggestion?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pull batteries.... replace.

Cover lens to get the IR to come on and then "rap" it on the desk ( not overly hard )

the ir filter is suck in place and sometimes you can knock it free..test in lighted area to see if ok

Morse is faster than texting!
mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor

My system of four Arlo wire free and Arlo Q has proved to be a big problem.  Two wore free had pink views within a few days after installation.  Finally after long discussion had the customer rep authorize replacement.  Recieved one replacement and it will not sync.  Spent hours trying.  Customer rep wanted to do all kinds of reboots, change battereis etc.  I finally mentioned that the original cameras did sync easily and this replacement is defective.  Hope to get a replacement.  Have spent way too much time for a system with issues.  Working with the customer reps is a nighmare.  Don't know how much more to endure before finally dumping everything.  Waste of $600.  Only had this for three weeks.