Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lights on the base station are green but connecting from app or pc says my system is offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zig13
Follower
Follower

All 3 lights on the base station are green but connecting from app or pc says my system is offline. Had cameras for over a year and never had this problem till this week. Saw older 2017 posts that had this issue and tried some "fixes" but nothing worked. Anyone else currently having this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zig13,

You might try rebooting your base station. Are you still experiencing this issue after a reboot?

JamesC

HowdenMoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have the basic Arlo model and I'm having what sounds like a similar issue ie all the lights on the base station are green but the app and PC display the message "Your base station is offline. Check if it is powered up and connected to the internet". There's no issue with the power and I've tried steps 1-4 of this link https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it but none of them worked. I've also tried replacing the camera batteries (just in case) but they were fine and it made no difference. So I suppose the next step is to try steps 6,7 or 8 in the link above. However, I'm not very IT-savvy and my router (VirginMedia hub) didn't come with any instructions. Can any kind person out there give me some slightly more step-by-step instructions to steps 6 and 7? I've tried contacting Arlo support (chat) and just get into some kind of indefinite hold hell....

Thanks in anticipation.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HowdenMoor,

Have you tried to factory reset as described in step 8 in the troubleshooting Kb you linked above? Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

HowdenMoor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, No, I’ve not tried Step 8 (factory reset). Do you suggest trying that without first working through steps 5,6 and 7 which do sound very complicated?!