Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Speedy81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why all of the sudden the night vision is not working on my camera, I've had it for about 3 months and no problems and now it's so dark you can't see anything. Please help, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Speedy81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up disconnecting the camera, taking the batteries out then re-syncing the camera and after that it's worked fine, this has happened a couple time already and I have no idea why. But at least I can get it working.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do the red IR lights on the front light up in the dark? I'm guessing no. Try a battery pull reset and see if it fixes it

manfredz
Hero
Hero

also check the settings for the cam under Video Settings that the Night Vision switch is still in the ON position.  Also how low is the battery level?

Speedy81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the red lights do come on but still too dark to see anything, I checked that night vision is on in the settings, and my battery is at 70%, I'm going to try and disconnect the camera then re-sync it to see if that helps. I'll will let you know what happens. Thanks

jrb5v
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very interested to hear the results of the re-sync,  I'm having the exact same problem with one of my three cameras after only 3 months.  I tried the battery disconnect thing as well to no avail, and ensured that night vision was enabled.

So what does one do if one has a single malfunctioning camera from a multi-camera system?

Jimbo

steve_t
Master Master
Master

jrb5v wrote:

So what does one do if one has a single malfunctioning camera from a multi-camera system?

Jimbo

I had to pack up the entire system and exchange it. Then I got an add on camera. Then another camera was pink so I exchanged the faulty one as the add-on camera so I didn't have to pack it all up AGAIN

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A 3 month old system is going to require a case being opened with support.

Speedy81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up disconnecting the camera, taking the batteries out then re-syncing the camera and after that it's worked fine, this has happened a couple time already and I have no idea why. But at least I can get it working.
Mike-Geneva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'd like to know if NetGear and Arlo have a solution to this without having to disconnect a d re-sync every so often. I'm having the same issue on a 3 month old system as well.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike-Geneva,

You should not need to disconnect and resync regularly. How often are you noticing this behavior?

JamesC