Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

reconfigure after changing modem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
k1p
Tutor
Tutor

I changed modems and am trying to reconfigure my arlo wire-free to recognize the new modem. When I log onto the arlo.netgear webpage, it does not display the NEW SYSTEM SETUP option.

I assume this is because it's not a new system, but what's the work-around?

Thanks in advance for your help.

k1p

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of a different router (the modem has no effect other than to provide the Internet connection in the first place) should be painless.  Unplug one, insert the other and off you go.  The base and cameras just need a connection to the Internet to work.  What are the base LEDs showing?  I'm going to guess the Internet (middle) LED is amber, meaning it's connected to the router but not the servers. That implies the router has a setting that's blocking that access.  Try powering down the modem, router and base and turn them back on in that order, allowing each one to fully inititialize before going on to the next.

Tell us, in detail, what the LEDs are showing, what you see, including error messages, what you've tried, the results of those actions, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of a different router (the modem has no effect other than to provide the Internet connection in the first place) should be painless.  Unplug one, insert the other and off you go.  The base and cameras just need a connection to the Internet to work.  What are the base LEDs showing?  I'm going to guess the Internet (middle) LED is amber, meaning it's connected to the router but not the servers. That implies the router has a setting that's blocking that access.  Try powering down the modem, router and base and turn them back on in that order, allowing each one to fully inititialize before going on to the next.

Tell us, in detail, what the LEDs are showing, what you see, including error messages, what you've tried, the results of those actions, etc.

k1p
Tutor
Tutor

Hi and thanks to those who replied. Got things working - just needed to give arlo time to reset. As jguerdat said, it restarted automatically in time. I had switched to a combo modem/router unit, which may have slowed the process.