Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmc3030 battery suitability

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
baz608
Follower
Follower

My question is regarding rechargable batteries. If the Arlo recommended rechargable battery is the RCR123A which is 3.7 volt and the standard non chargable is 3volt, 4 rechargables will supply 14.1 volt to the camera instead of 12 volt. This can't be good for the  camera ???

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I used 3V lithiums for over a year and it was getting really expensive. I bought some rechargeables and a charger and the rechargeables actually go to 4.2V when fully charged, so 16.8V when full. I've been using them for over a year now and we're still going strong. I definitely prefer to use rechargeable over single use lithiums though once I wanted more than 4 cameras, I went with Arlo Pro add on cameras that have built in rechargeable batteries and function way better anyway. Basically, to allay your fears, there's no problem with using rechargeables. The circuitry seems to know if you're using rechargeable or not as well

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Dont forget the Arlo, whether rechargeable or not, uses 2x2 batteries in parallel and not 1x4 serial.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

manfredz wrote:

Dont forget the Arlo, whether rechargeable or not, uses 2x2 batteries in parallel and not 1x4 serial.

Oh yeah. Good point