Antworten

Re: Remote rsync

howi42
Aspirant

Remote rsync

The article with  ID: 29741 ( How do I back up data between two ReadyNAS OS 6 systems (using the backup manager)?)

contains an example on how to do this.

In this example the remote system is being addressed via a numerical IP-address ( xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ).

What do I need to do to be able to use a dynamic ( dyndns-like ) address instead ?

If the provider changes the address each night, scheduled backups are causing a lot of extra work, if I have to enter the

numerical IP-address each day manually.

Thanks.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Nachricht 1 von 5

Akzeptierte Lösungen
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello howi42,

You should be able to use a unique host name in the host field for the WAN IP of the network where the NAS is. Have you not tried yet? 

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Nachricht 2 von 5

Alle Antworten
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello howi42,

You should be able to use a unique host name in the host field for the WAN IP of the network where the NAS is. Have you not tried yet? 

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Nachricht 2 von 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello howi42,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Nachricht 3 von 5
howi42
Aspirant

I tested it just a few minutes ago.

Yes, it works.

Thank you and regards, 

Wolfgang Hochweller

Nachricht 4 von 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello howi42,

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Nachricht 5 von 5
Diskussionsstatistiken
  • 4 Antworten
  • 3527 Aufrufe
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 in Unterhaltung