× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: 500 Internal Server Error WAX214 after firmware upgrade

timatcg
Aspirant

500 Internal Server Error WAX214 after firmware upgrade

I setup 4 WAX214 WAPs yesterday and as a final thought I upgraded the firmware to the latest version. However one seems to have failed as I now receive error "500 Internal Server Error". Everything else seems to be working on it however as I can connect to the "Config only" SSID and see it on the network. I've tried factory reset several times with no luck. My guess is that the web files have corrupted during the upgrade and just need reuploading but can't see a way to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @timatcg  Do you know from which firmware version was there initially? And you have upgraded to 1.0.3.3 firmware? 

Message 2 of 6
timatcg
Aspirant

I'm 99% sure they were on version 1.0.1.0 and upgraded to 1.0.3.3.

Message 3 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @timatcg  Press  HW reset button over 10 seconds. Then, device will go back to factory reset.

Message 4 of 6
timatcg
Aspirant

Hello @RaghuHR ,

Unfortunatly this didn't help. It allows me to connect to the config-only SSID but I still receive the 500 error.

Message 5 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @timatcg 

If you press button less than 10 secs, device will only reboot without factory reset.

Is it possible to have a remote debug call with you? Let us know your timezone?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements