× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

AX3200 (dual band access port) WAX206 Connected without internet

NullZer013
Initiate

AX3200 (dual band access port) WAX206 Connected without internet

The router will power on but the 5ghz light will constantly blink blue. I am able to connect to the wifi that has been set up but it doesn't have internet ( To clarify I'm in a dorm room in a college so I don't have access to any other wifi source ).
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: AX3200 (dual band access port) WAX206 Connected without internet

a couple tings. 

1. the WAX has a router mode and an extender mode. both are going to function a bit differently. What mode are you trying to set it up in?

2. Many dorms supply their own internet connection for you. But its for connecting a pc/laptop to and not another routing device. If you're wanting to attach your own router, you might have to talk to the IT department there for them to allow the WAX to be connected to their network 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

a couple tings. 

1. the WAX has a router mode and an extender mode. both are going to function a bit differently. What mode are you trying to set it up in?

2. Many dorms supply their own internet connection for you. But its for connecting a pc/laptop to and not another routing device. If you're wanting to attach your own router, you might have to talk to the IT department there for them to allow the WAX to be connected to their network 

Message 2 of 4
NullZer013
Initiate

Sorry, but I have already solved this issue, I just needed to go through the full setup. Thank you anyway.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

glad you got it fixed. sorry my post should have said router and access point mode. not extender mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements