× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

AirBridge Set up

tilda
Aspirant

AirBridge Set up

Purchased the 2 pack AirBridge. Distance between source AirBridge (my house), and target AirBridge (a workshop) is about 500 ft.

Have not set anything up yet.

Do I need to connect something like a NETGEAR AC2000 Dual Band Wireless Access Point (WAC124) to the target AirBridge with Ethernet in order to get wifi to computers and iPads at that target location? 
Note: the WiFi source is generated by an AT&T modem/router in the house.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: AirBridge Set up

The AirBridge pair does only establish the connection, it does not have a wireless access point to connect wireless clients at the far location. The only exception is a short range 2.4 GHz radio for the local management of the device only. Said that: Yes, you need an additional access point.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The AirBridge pair does only establish the connection, it does not have a wireless access point to connect wireless clients at the far location. The only exception is a short range 2.4 GHz radio for the local management of the device only. Said that: Yes, you need an additional access point.

Message 2 of 5
tilda
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification.
So, could I use a NETGEAR Wireless Access Point (WAC510) and connect it with Ethernet directly to the target AirBridge's Power Adapter?

Would that just extend the home network or would I be creating a whole new network at the target location?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

For adding a Netgear WAC5xx or WAX6xx you need either a power supply or a PoEPoE+ switch. Be Ethernet yes, the AirBridge's Power Adapter is for the AirBridge unit only. 

Message 4 of 5
hnagaraju1
Guide

Network1=====WBC502(root)  ~~~~~~500 meters-~~AirbBridge link~~~~~~~~ WBC502(Satellite)====Network2

you can use any of Access points.

WAC500 series, (11 AC)

WAC100 series (11AC)

WAX200 series (`11AX)

WAX600 series  (11AX)

to server wireless clients in Network2 side.   500 and 600 series can be powered on with power adaptor or Poe/Poe+ switches.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements