× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Android cannot get IP - BR200 & WAX610Y - SOLVED

SquareJ
Aspirant

Android cannot get IP - BR200 & WAX610Y - SOLVED

Several other devices could get an IP when attaching wirelessly which pointed to my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.  I cleared cache, forgot the network, rebooted, changed WiFi settings etc, nothing worked.  I also played with settings on the WAX610Y, turning the two radios on and off, adjusting power level and creating other SSIDs.  I use VLAN40 for my wireless clients and the test SSID i created also on VLAN40 would not allow my phone to connect.  However when i created an SSID on VLAN1 the phone connected fine.  OK, looks like VLAN 40 is the issue.

I had noticed that during setup of the BR200 that occasionally traffic would stop flowing from various VLANs and in troubleshooting discovered that the BR200 had dropped/erased/forgotten about 1 or more of the 4 VLANs i have defined.  Recreating them was easy and traffic would flow, even the traffic rules stayed in place.

For the Samsung issue i deleted VLAN40, the one for my wireless clients, rebooted the BR200 and then recreated VLAN40.  My Samsung connected immediately and has not had issues over the last 24 hours.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements