× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Block client device connected to wifi

KGA20
Aspirant

Block client device connected to wifi

when I access to Insigth Cloud Portal I can see a list of connected clients to my wireless network but I can not block access to a SSID or all network

How can I do that?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Block client device connected to wifi

@KGA20,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to enable MAC Access Control so that you can allow devices with known MAC addresses to connect to the SSID.  Kindly access the article below and follow the steps indicated: 

How do I set up a WiFi MAC access control list (ACL) in Insight?

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Block client device connected to wifi

@KGA20,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to enable MAC Access Control so that you can allow devices with known MAC addresses to connect to the SSID.  Kindly access the article below and follow the steps indicated: 

How do I set up a WiFi MAC access control list (ACL) in Insight?

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements