× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Brand New WAC510 Keeps Power Cycling

twoods
Apprentice

Brand New WAC510 Keeps Power Cycling

Incidentally, what happened to the WAC510 option in the Model list?

Anyhow I installed a new WAC510 in a stand alone configuration on a Cisco SG350-10P (POE) switch. The acesss point will stay online for a few minutes but keeps power cycling / rebooting. I tried different cables and different ports. If I use the reset button on the router I can get back to the zero day configuraiton screen, but it goes right back to power cycling.

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @twoods,

What is the current firmware version of the WAC510?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade it.  The latest firmware version is 5.0.0.17 and you can download it here.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the WAC510 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, observe if the same problem occurs.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @twoods,

What is the current firmware version of the WAC510?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade it.  The latest firmware version is 5.0.0.17 and you can download it here.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the WAC510 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, observe if the same problem occurs.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
twoods
Apprentice

It came running V1.5.3.10. I had to take it off the POE switch and connect it to a separate power supply (fortunately I had one from another installation) in order to get it to stop power cycling. I upgraded the firmware to V5.0.0.17 and then, back on the POE switch, it seems to be working normally. ... I have 4 of these WAC510's installed and really really like them!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements