Bridging the Connection Gap with NETGEAR AirBridge - Webinar

BretD
Admin

Bridging the Connection Gap with NETGEAR AirBridge - Webinar

large-SMB_EVENT_BRIDGINGWEBINAR_2020-4-27_COMM.jpg

Need to Bridge the Ethernet Gap?

Wirelessly joining two buildings on the same network costs a fraction of the labor, time and material of laying a wired Ethernet cable. NETGEAR now brings to market a solution that enables building-to-building high speed network connectivity of up to 9,000 ft apart! Register today to hear more on the AirBridge technology and its applications in extending networks across a large area.

Register & Attend to WIN a FREE Insight Instant Wireless Airbridge Model WBC502. ($119.99 Value)

Date: Wednesday April 29, 2020 11AM PST (See in your Time Zone)

Register Now: NETGEAR Wireless AirBridge Webinar

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Bridging the Connection Gap with NETGEAR AirBridge - Webinar

Brett, I find myself recommending these to a lot of people on the forums. But many of them tend to live in areas with slower speeds because they live in the country and need to cover remote buildings/sheds. I'm curious if there's any specific rough figures for speed difference from the one location to the next in speed loss and increase in latency? 

I haven't played with a point to point system and so I'm always a little hesitant to recommend but if its their only option, then its all I've got. But it'd be interesting to see an full review/test on one. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 8
BretD
Admin

Thanks for the recomendation for the AirBridge. That's a perfect question to bring to the Webinar! In the meantime, it should have similar latency to other WiFi extenders-type products, but this is designed for longer ranges, and it will still be very dependent on your situation. If it's line of site, with no obstructions, you'll get the best speeds. Also there, are several connection types. Check out the WBC502 AirBridge landing page for deployment methods.

www.netgear.com/airbridge

-Bret

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 3 of 8
Jeremey
Aspirant

When you configure your NETGEAR AirBridge access point at a main site, you provide network and Internet connectivity to individual WiFi clients, client bridges, other access points that extend the WiFi network, or a combination of these. Your AirBridge access point can support up to eight 5 GHz SSIDs

Message 4 of 8
Ley1
Aspirant

Is the Airbridge wbc502 compatible with my Nighthawk mesh system and the ORBI outside extender I want to use?

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Ley1 What configuration do you intend to achieve?  Typical set-up would be the "main" Airbridge unit connected by a network cable to the switched network/router (or if the performance is fine to an Orbi satellite), establishing a L2 bridge (think about a wireless cable, a point-to-point connection) to an installation at some distance (typically beyond WiFi coverage to 3000 meters) where the "remote" Airbridge unit is offering an Ethernet port where one can add a network switch, a camera, a wireless access point, ... The Orbi outdoor satellite does not offer an Ethernet port, but a normal Orbi satellite could be connected for extending the Orbi mesh reach.

On air, the Airbridge does (in bridge mode) not use a WiFi technology - much more it's TDMA on the free 5 GHz band.

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Ley1 wrote:

...Airbridge wbc502 compatible with my Nighthawk mesh system and the ORBI outside extender...

Nighthawk Mesh is an implementation of the WiFi EasyMesh .

Orbi Mesh is a proprietary implementation using selected industry standard features including parts of 802.11s.

The Orbi Outdoor Satellite can either link wireless to an existing Orbi (802.11ac only when I have it right) system _or_ in extender mode can connect to any industry standard wireless system. This system wireless access point could be an Airbridge device in Access Point mode (5GHz only, connected by a network cable to the network), however the Airbridge can't provide many advantages in this operation mode. 

In no configuration, the Orbi Outdoor Satellite can connect wireless as an Wi-Fi EasyMesh member, except as a plain extender only.

Message 7 of 8
Ley1
Aspirant

Ok, Heres the plan; I have the Nighthawk MK63 Router up and running-- I will use the Airbridge system (connected to the lan port)  to "extend" a remote access point out to the physical location I need @ about 175-200 ft distance or less and connect one of the Nighthawk satellites to the lan port of the WBC502. At that point I can mesh the ORBI as well if I decide I need it. (as an extender)

All of this to provide adequrate wifi signal to the house.

Thanks for helping me get this right. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements