× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Can the WAX630 Access Point be managed locally

Mark_Y
Aspirant

Can the WAX630 Access Point be managed locally

I purchased two Cloud Managed WiFi (WAX630) AX6000 Tri-Band PoE Multi-Gig WiFi 6 Access Points and would like to know if these can be managed locally without the insight subscription? If they require the subscription to be managed I will be returning the units.

Model: WAC540B03|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can the WAX630 Access Point be managed locally

The majority of the fine WAX630 User Manual does describe all management options available without requiring the Netgear Insight Cloud management. 

Message 2 of 4
Mark_Y
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

The majority of the fine WAX630 User Manual does describe all management options available without requiring the Netgear Insight Cloud management. 

I did see that when I was reading through the manual but I was seeing reviews online which stated that an insight subscription was required to continue using the AP. Before I deploy I want to make sure I will be able to manage it. I only have two APs and therefore do not need cloud management.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Mark_Y wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

I did see that when I was reading through the manual

Indeed. There is no indication you need to add your WAC630 ever to the Insight management, too.

@Mark_Y wrote:

...but I was seeing reviews online which stated that an insight subscription was required to continue using the AP. 

Links, references, ... please?

Even if you are going ot use the one year free Insight Premium (or Pro), the APs remain workable.

Granted, if you had configured Insight specific features, for APs for example Insight Instant Easy Mesh, the capabilities might be lost.

If you had used Insight before, and decide no longer using it, look here -> What happens when the one year of Insight included subscription expires?  Again, nothing lost what you could not configured and managed on the local Web UI.

@Mark_Y wrote:

I only have two APs and therefore do not need cloud management.

The number of the APs is not the only reason for using Insight.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements