Cannot configure/access WNAP 210 via browser

atohal
Aspirant

Cannot configure/access WNAP 210 via browser

Hi All,

I am attempting to set up my WNAP210, however have come across a strange issue. The WNAP itself is working fine. I can connect to it wirelessly and can use the internet when connected. However, when I put in the default IP address (http://192.168.0.236/) in my web browser I cannot log onto the access point manager page. I have factory reset and re-setup the WNAP but the same issue still occurs.

The main router is set up and the internet working fine from it. However, it says on its settings that the IP range is 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253. Clearly the default WNAP address is not within this range. When I connect a phone or laptop via the WNAP, the device is given an IP address within the stated range of the router. When I change the laptops IP address to static within the range stated in the WNAP instructions (192.168.0.0 -192.168.0.255) it unsurprisingly cannot connect to the internet. How can I connect to the WNAP page?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Model: WNAP210|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cannot configure/access WNAP 210 via browser

Hi @atohal,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

I suggest you the following steps below:

1. Login to the web-GUI of your router.

2. Look for the IP Address of the WNAP210 in the connected devices of your router.  You mentioned that the IP range is 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253.  So from there, you should be able to determine  what is the IP Address of the WNAP210 because it is still a DHCP client.  

3. Once you determined the IP Address of the WNAP210, login to its web-GUI using a browser like Chrome or Firefox. 

4. Go to Configuration > IP > IP Settings.  Then on the DHCP Client field, select Disable. 

5. For ease of management, enter a static IP Address you want to set for the WNAP210 that is within the IP range of your existing network as well as the Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server.  

6. Click Apply.  You should now be able to access the web-GUI of the WNAP210 within your network.  

As reference, kindly read pages 13-14 of the WNAP210 user manual here about IP Settings of the WNAP210.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
atohal
Aspirant

I have already tried that, but the WNAP doesn't appear on the routers web-GUI, but I can see devices that are connected to the router via the WNAP???

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@atohal,

Thanks for the feedback.  Here are the steps I suggest you to do:

1. Disconnect the WNAP210 from the existing network.  Since the WNAP210 is still a DHCP client, once you disconnect it from the existing network, it will go back to its default IP address which is 192.168.0.236.

2. Connect a PC/laptop directly to the WNAP210.  Just the WNAP210 and the WNAP210 connected to each other via an ethernet cable.

3. Set a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 on the PC/laptop. 

4. Open a browser such as Chrome or Firefox.  Then at the address bar, type 192.168.0.236 and press Enter. The login screen displays. Enter 'admin' for the username and 'password' for the password respectively, both in lower case letters and without quotation marks. 

5. Go to Configuration > IP > IP Settings.  Then on the DHCP Client field, select Disable. 

6. Enter a static IP Address you want to set for the WNAP210 that is within the IP range of your existing network as well as the Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server.  

7. Click Apply. 

8. Connect the WNAP210 back to your existing network. 

9.  Set back the PC/laptop to 'Obtain an IP Address automatically.'

10. Open a browser again.  Then at the address bar, type the static IP address you have set for the WNAP210. You should now be able to access the web-GUI of the WNAP210 within your network.   

Note: You may also double-check if the WNAP210 is accessible within your network by opening command prompt on your PC/laptop.  Then, check if you will get replies from the WNAP210 by pinging the static IP address you have set for it

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@atohal,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to perform the steps I suggested?  If yes, what is the result?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
atohal
Aspirant

Yes I managed to sort it out as you suggested, plugging a laptop in via ethernet cable, and can now access the GUI on the static IP address that I set.

Thank you very very much.

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@atohal,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad to know that you are now able to access the web-GUI of your WNAP210 via the static IP address you have set. Smiley Happy 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements