× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Cannot connect to WAC730 after factory reset

leinhto
Aspirant

Cannot connect to WAC730 after factory reset

Please help. I am unable to access the AP after a factory reset. All the lights are coming on as normal. The router sees it and assigns it an IP. However, when I try to access the management page on that IP I get no response. I tried on 2 different routers. I know the reset occurred because the broadcast SSID reverted to the default.

When I try to connect to the default SSID i dont even get an IP address assigned.

The reason I had to factory reset is I incorrectly setup a vlan and the AP got isolated from the network and became inaccessible.

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot connect to WAC730 after factory reset

Hi leinhto,

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the WAC730 from your existing network and make sure its turned on.  Get a straightened paper clip.

2. Insert the paper clip to the factory defaults hole then press and hold the factory reset button inside it for 30 seconds.

3. After 30 seconds, turn off the WAC730 while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for 5 seconds.

4. After 5 seconds, turn on the WAC730 switch while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for another 5 seconds.

5. After 5 seconds, release the paper clip from the factory reset button.  Wait for the WAC730 to boot up properly.

6. Try to access the web-GUI of the WAC730.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

a. Disconnect the WAC730 from the router.

b. Connect the WAC730 directly to your PC. 

c. Set a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 to your PC.  Take note that the default IP address of the WAC730 is 192.168.0.100.

d. Open command prompt on your PC then check if you will get replies when you ping the default IP address of the WAC730.

e. If you get replies, open a browser like Chrome or Firefox then try to access the web-GUI of the WAC730 using the default IP address of it.

Kindly answer the questions below:

1. Are you able to get replies when you ping the default IP address of the WAC730?

2. Are you able to access the web-GUI of the WAC730 via its default IP address?  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 13
leinhto
Aspirant

I tried to connect the WAC730 through a POE switch (since I do not have a power supply) to the PC without connection to the router and still nothing. In answer to your questions:

1. Are you able to get replies when you ping the default IP address of the WAC730?

No.

2. Are you able to access the web-GUI of the WAC730 via its default IP address?

No.

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 3 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

1. Disconnect the WAC730 from your existing network and make sure its turned on.  Get a straightened paper clip.

2. Insert the paper clip to the factory defaults hole then press and hold the factory reset button inside it for 30 seconds.

3. After 30 seconds, turn off the WAC730 while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for 5 seconds.

4. After 5 seconds, turn on the WAC730 switch while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for another 5 seconds.

5. After 5 seconds, release the paper clip from the factory reset button.  Wait for the WAC730 to boot up properly.

6. Try to access the web-GUI of the WAC730.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 13
leinhto
Aspirant

Thank you Dane. Support walked me through those steps and determined it is a hardware issue on the AP. They have provided me an RMA.

Message 5 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

I'm glad to know that NETGEAR Support has walked you through the steps. 🙂  Hope that the replacement WAC730 access point that you will receive would be working fine.  Kindly keep us posted.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

Were you able to receive the replacement WAC730 access point?  If yes, is it working fine?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 13
leinhto
Aspirant

Thanak for following up. It will be here next week. Once I get and config it. I will update here.
Message 8 of 13
leinhto
Aspirant

I received the replacement. I setup it back up and I am off and running. Now back to what started this whole thing. I want to separate the WIFI clients on a VLAN. I found where to assign a Wifi SSID with a VLAN on the WAC730. I assigned a test SSID on the 5Ghz to VLAN10.

I also have a GS108PEv3 switch. I turned on VLAN 802.1Q Advanced setting. I created VLAN10 and tagged Port 2 which is where the WAC730 is connected. Port 2 is stilled Untagged for VLAN1.

I am running a Zyxel USG 50 switch. I created VLAN10 on there. I did not do any port tagging on the Router.

Is my setup correct? Should I have tagged VLAN1 on port 2 on the Netgear switch too? How about port 8 where I link the switch to the router, does that need any VLAN tagging/untagging?

I must admit the whole tagging and untagging does not make much sense to me.

The good news is thus far my AP is not isolated and inaccessible.

GS108PEv3
Message 9 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

Setting port 2 on the GS108PEv3 switch as a tagged port where the WAC730 is connected is correct and it should have a PVID = 10.  I am not familiar with a  Zyxel USG 50 switch, however, if its connected directly to the GS108PEv3 switch then the ports connecting the Zyxel USG 50 switch and the GS108PEv3 switch should be both set as tagged ports with PVID = 1. 

If ever you need further assistance on your NETGEAR ProSAFE devices, kindly login to your MyNETGEAR account and you may seek assistance from the NETGEAR Chat Support here at anytime.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to setup the WAC730 with the GS108PEv3?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 13
leinhto
Aspirant

Yes. Both are working fine now. Working on the Zyxel router VLAN. Thanks for the help.
Message 12 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi leinhto,

You're welcome!  I'm glad to know that both devices are now working fine.  🙂 

Since your concern is now resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements