× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Cannot get custom field value in WAC720 captive portal

lannyho
Aspirant

Cannot get custom field value in WAC720 captive portal

Hi, I bought a WAC720 for guest wifi testing, I want to install my cafe and provide a free wifi access, before free wifi access, the customer need to provide their mobile no.. After hardware installation and connect to cloud, I created a captive portal and define a custom field, called Mobile No., but where can I export this information of this field in WAC720 / cloud? Kindly Advice

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Cannot get custom field value in WAC720 captive portal

Hi lannyho

I assume you are managing WAC720 with Business Central. Once user gets authenticated with captive portal then go to monitoring page and under CP session tab you can download all the custom fields in csv format. See the attached sample screen shot for your reference.

Let know if this is what you are looking?

Thanks

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi lannyho

I assume you are managing WAC720 with Business Central. Once user gets authenticated with captive portal then go to monitoring page and under CP session tab you can download all the custom fields in csv format. See the attached sample screen shot for your reference.

Let know if this is what you are looking?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 6
lannyho
Aspirant

Thanks your solution, however, can I restrict user to input correct type of mobile no., for example, at least 8 digital number?

Message 3 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Since it is a customer field we have made no restriction. But having said that we can think this in our next releases.

Thanks for your feedback

Message 4 of 6
lannyho
Aspirant

Thanks a lot, I wonder that can I modify the captive portal web page, I want to show my brand as a background in this web page, is it difficult to do it? Can you show me a guide?

Message 5 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Please refer business central user  manual here to see how you can upload logos. Refer Page 112 onwards

Thanks

Raghu

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements