× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Cannot set security on WAC104 Wireless access point

mmordaunt
Follower

Cannot set security on WAC104 Wireless access point

Hi There,

Have the wireless access point hard wired by Cat5E to the main home router (which has WEP/WPA security active)  and following the online manual it says to go open a web browser on a wired pc to configure security settings. To search 192.168.0.100 (the default) in the URL and log in, every time I try to do this it fails to load the page saying the site is 'too busy or temporarily unavailable'.

I have not to my knowledge altered the IP address.

Any ideas why I cannot log into the router to manage settings?

Best regards,

Matt

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@mmordaunt,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mmordaunt,

Welcome to our community!

In order for you to access the admin page of the AP is that, you may need to set a static IP first to your computer within the range of the AP. Please follow the instructions below:

- Please set a static IP to your PC: 192.168.0.200 255.255.255.0

- Connect the AP to your PC using ethernet cable. It should only be your PC and the AP.

- Try to ping the AP

- If it works then you may now connect to the admin page: 192.168.0.100

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@mmordaunt,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements