× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Ceiling Mount for WAX620 Access Point

jkenny1408
Follower

Ceiling Mount for WAX620 Access Point

Was wondering what ceiling / grid mounts people have come up with for ceiling mounting the WAX620 access point.  I ordered one for one of our offices and was able to mount it on the grid ceiling using the included plastic adapters.  However, I was planning on ordering for another office but their grids for the drop doen ceiling are different and will not work to mount it.  If mounting to the actual ceiling tile, does Netgear have any other mounting capabilities?  I could use the screw holes on the bottom of the unit and get long screws and a washer/nut for the other side of the tile but surprised the grid mounting pieces included are so limited.  WOuld suggest to any  one planning on ceiling mounting these units to check if the grids are compatible with the pieces included with the units or be prepared to get creating when trying to ceiling mount them to tiles.  I am attaching the picture of our office ceiling grid - this grid will not work with the plastic grid attachments provided by Netgear.  You will see in the picture that the lip of the grid is much too thick to accept the lip style bracket included by Netgear.  

Model: WNDR3600v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Ceiling Mount for WAX620 Access Point

There are virtually hundreds of ceiling mount "design" systems - as you see from your picture even the installer of the lighting system has voted to drill one or some holes through the plate to install what I identify as a PIR or light sensor or the like. That's how we install most APs, customer locator and anti theft systems  these days on "designer" type ceiling systems where the common reverted "T" rail clips can't be used. In many case, even where "standard" rails are in place, the installation on the plate looks much better finally.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Ceiling Mount for WAX620 Access Point

There are virtually hundreds of ceiling mount "design" systems - as you see from your picture even the installer of the lighting system has voted to drill one or some holes through the plate to install what I identify as a PIR or light sensor or the like. That's how we install most APs, customer locator and anti theft systems  these days on "designer" type ceiling systems where the common reverted "T" rail clips can't be used. In many case, even where "standard" rails are in place, the installation on the plate looks much better finally.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements