× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Connecting two WAC510 to the same network

LuisB
Aspirant

Connecting two WAC510 to the same network

I have two WAC510 in my house to improve coverage. I am trying to assign independent SSID to each one. Using the portable application from a mobile device I have created multiple SSID but I dont find a way of assigning them to a specific WAC510. Can someone provide ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Connecting two WAC510 to the same network

Hi @LuisB,

There is no option to assign an SSID to the WAC510.  However, you can create an SSID then assign it to a VLAN in the Wireless Settings of the WAC510.  As reference, kindly read pages 35-38 of the WAC510 user manual here about Setting up an Open or Secure WiFi Network.  

Also, you can setup a Point-to-Point Wireless Bridging between your 2 WAC510.  Kindly read pages 71-74 of the WAC510 user manual here about Setting up a WiFi Bridge Between Access Points.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @LuisB,

There is no option to assign an SSID to the WAC510.  However, you can create an SSID then assign it to a VLAN in the Wireless Settings of the WAC510.  As reference, kindly read pages 35-38 of the WAC510 user manual here about Setting up an Open or Secure WiFi Network.  

Also, you can setup a Point-to-Point Wireless Bridging between your 2 WAC510.  Kindly read pages 71-74 of the WAC510 user manual here about Setting up a WiFi Bridge Between Access Points.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@LuisB,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements