× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Default password does NOT work after firmware upgrade

RPL86812
Aspirant

Default password does NOT work after firmware upgrade

I'm preparing to deploy (6) WAC510 AP units. I'm testing one unit standalone before deploying the other 5. I upgraded the firmware to 5.x latest and went through the day zero setup. After saving and rebotting, the admin password does not work. I thought the default is "password." I can login as a user successfully and browse the internet, so the AP is functional. Did the upgrade change something? This is a dumb question, but I'm frustrated. Thanks inadvance.

Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Default password does NOT work after firmware upgrade

Hi RPL86812,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I suggest you to reset it to factory default and try to login again using the default password. Is this connected to a wireless controller before?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
RPL86812
Aspirant

As a follow-up, I did change the default password. I'm trying that one too and it's still no joy. What am I missing?

Message 2 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi RPL86812,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I suggest you to reset it to factory default and try to login again using the default password. Is this connected to a wireless controller before?

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
RPL86812
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. It was not connected to anything before I updated the firmware and changed the password. I'll do a hard reset and use the default password. When I do the day zero setup, am I changing the admin password?

Message 4 of 6
RPL86812
Aspirant

OK, I reset the AP and the admin password and everything is working as it should. 

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@RPL86812,

Yes, you may change the default password for security. That's great! Please let us know if you need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements