× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Deployment Scenario WAC510

RobinW
Aspirant

Deployment Scenario WAC510

Hi

I have a deployment scenario where I need to deploy 4 wireless access points, I'm considering WAC510. In our building we have a lot of users who moves around the premises and therefore want the jump between AP's to be seamless. We also want to be able to easily monitor network traffic and we want to use the loadbalancing feature. 

All this as i get it means that i need a cloud-managed insight switch, but what i'm having issues with is finding information about the compability between switches and access points. I understand that switches with the modelnumber 510 is compatible with these AP's, but how about the Netgear insight managed GC110p is that compatible with WAC510?

Grateful for your insights!

Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Of course, all Insight managed switches GCxxxP/PP and the WAC505/WAC510 are compatible. To gain the integrated management capabilities, using Insight devices is mandatory.

To get the fast seamless roaming with 802.11k ff. you need to subscribe to Insight Premium (per managed device 0.99 USD/month or 9.99 USD/year).

As you need wireless access points, curious what does bring the idea towards the WAC510 (technically a router) where the WAC505 would be available for even less money.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Of course, all Insight managed switches GCxxxP/PP and the WAC505/WAC510 are compatible. To gain the integrated management capabilities, using Insight devices is mandatory.

To get the fast seamless roaming with 802.11k ff. you need to subscribe to Insight Premium (per managed device 0.99 USD/month or 9.99 USD/year).

As you need wireless access points, curious what does bring the idea towards the WAC510 (technically a router) where the WAC505 would be available for even less money.

Message 2 of 5
RobinW
Aspirant

Hi thanks for your quick response we are currently reviewing our alternatives and we are going to purchase the products after the weekend. Our product provider had the WAC510 available for a discouted price of 100$, but i'm going to look into his price for the 505 model as well. Is routing the only feature i lose when switching between the wac510 to the wac505?   

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The WAC505 are available in packs of three or five units, too.The price for five is about the same as for a pack of three WAC510. Really inexpensive anyway.

Same feature set when it comes to the AP usage. The additional Ethernet port on the WAC510 is of no use in AP mode, only of there is (one) unit deployed as a router.

Message 4 of 5
RobinW
Aspirant

Perfect I might get a 5-pack and keep one in reserve.

Thanks for your responses I now have a better understanding about the products in question.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements