× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Disabled Insight but still being monitored by Insight Cloud

rovo
Tutor

Disabled Insight but still being monitored by Insight Cloud

Hello, I have a few WAC510 devices. I tried them out on the Insight Managed Cloud, but after some trial, I determined it wasn't for me. I removed them all from the Cloud Admin and switched the APs back to Management Mode: Web-browser(Local). 

If these APs go offline, I'm still receiving email notifications from insightalerts@netgear.com 

Any ideas how I make sure I'm completely disconnected from Insight services?

Starting to wonder if I'll need to flash it with OpenWRT?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ycNTGR
Initiate

Re: Disabled Insight but still being monitored by Insight Cloud

Hi @rovo 

From Insight Engineering team, we tried this and couldn't see same behavior that continued to trouble you. Do you still remember your Insight account email? If you could do that, and/or email insight-feedback <insight-feedback@netgear.com>, we can continue from there. Thanks for being patient.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @rovo,

When you removed the devices from the NETGEAR Insight Cloud Portal, have you also performed a factory defaults on the access points?

For more information, please refer to these KB articles:

https://kb.netgear.com/000044347/How-do-I-view-and-manage-Insight-notifications

https://kb.netgear.com/000036677/How-do-I-remove-a-device-from-my-Insight-account

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
rovo
Tutor

Thanks @JeraldM 

I have not tried restoring to defaults. I was worried about losing all my settings, but I will try that out and let you know how it goes. 

I did follow the steps in the two links you provided for removing the devices, and when viewing the Cloud Management, there are none listed and no locations defined either. 

So it sounds like the last resort is to just set back to factory...

Message 3 of 6
ycNTGR
Initiate

Hi @rovo 

Could you confirm whether you're getting the AP offline email notification:

• only right after you removed device from Insight account, or
  • continue to receive the email notification when is already locally-managed, and then goes online/office

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
rovo
Tutor

@ycNTGR
I had removed the devices and disabled insight managed several months ago. I get the email notification anytime I reboot the AP or reboot my router.
Message 5 of 6
ycNTGR
Initiate

Hi @rovo 

From Insight Engineering team, we tried this and couldn't see same behavior that continued to trouble you. Do you still remember your Insight account email? If you could do that, and/or email insight-feedback <insight-feedback@netgear.com>, we can continue from there. Thanks for being patient.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements