× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Dynamic VLAN assignment using WC7520 controller

Arcesilaus
Aspirant

Dynamic VLAN assignment using WC7520 controller

Hi,

I've been using a few WNDAP360 AP's for a while and consider adding a WC7520 controller. 

However, I would like to use dynamic VLAN assignment using a RADIUS server.

Whereas this is possible with the 360 in stand-alone mode, it is unclear to me whether this can be done using the WC7520 controller.

The (outdated?) reference manual does not say a word about it...

Is there anyone to share experiences with the 7520 and this type of configuration?

Model: WNDAP360|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Arcesilaus
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your help!

After reading the articles you suggested, I was still unable to find a definite answer, so I asked the pre-sales support and got quickly the following answer from Level 2 Tech Support:

There was a feature request to ask to implement this, however it looks like it will not be implemented for the WC7520. There is also a feature request for the WC7600 which does look more promising, but still not possible currently and is not guaranteed to be implemented.

In short: No, it isn't possible, won't be on the WC7520, and might become so on the WC7600.

Too bad, and it makes the WC7520 much less interesting for me, but at least this has been made clear quickly.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Arcesilaus,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I have not yet tried to set up like the ones you have described, however, let me share these articles below and it might help as reference guides:

WC7520: External authentication using LDAP with Active Directory

WC7520: RADIUS configuration with Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 Network Policy Server

Hope it helps 🙂

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Arcesilaus
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your help!

After reading the articles you suggested, I was still unable to find a definite answer, so I asked the pre-sales support and got quickly the following answer from Level 2 Tech Support:

There was a feature request to ask to implement this, however it looks like it will not be implemented for the WC7520. There is also a feature request for the WC7600 which does look more promising, but still not possible currently and is not guaranteed to be implemented.

In short: No, it isn't possible, won't be on the WC7520, and might become so on the WC7600.

Too bad, and it makes the WC7520 much less interesting for me, but at least this has been made clear quickly.

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Arcesilaus,

I appreciate that you have shared this relevant information here in the community. 🙂  This will serve as reference to other forum users.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements