Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N Disable Remote Management

joshw1234
Aspirant

FVS318N Disable Remote Management

Getting to the point, I am trying to run a web server on my network, which will use ports 80 and 443 (. I can get the web server to work by forwarding other ports that I've tested, such as 1001.

The problem I've run into is the router keeps ports 80 & 443 for itself for remote management, and redirects traffic on those ports to the router login page.

As far as I've found, there's no setting which can disable remote management on WAN (other than enabling/disabling HTTPS on WAN) either in the GUI or CLI.

Is it even possible for this router to forward ports 80 & 443, or disable remote management on WAN altogether? Perhaps modifying the config file?

Thanks for any and all help!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
joshw1234
Aspirant

Re: FVS318N Disable Remote Management

@DaneA,

I tried disabling the login for all users (other than admin) from the WAN interface initially.

I was able to solve the problem by deleting all port forwarding rules (including UPnP), then re-forwarding the ports via UPnP.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi joshw1234,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You may want to try to deny login from the WAN interface or deny login from defined IP Addresses or deny login from defined browsers.  Kindly read pages 309-314 of the FVS318N reference manual here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@joshw1234,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have questions.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
joshw1234
Aspirant

@DaneA,

I tried disabling the login for all users (other than admin) from the WAN interface initially.

I was able to solve the problem by deleting all port forwarding rules (including UPnP), then re-forwarding the ports via UPnP.

Thanks for your help!

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements