Re: For those who are frustrated with the WNAP210...Soultion? New product?...

tc3
Aspirant
Aspirant

For those who are frustrated with the WNAP210...Soultion? New product?...

Hi, as many of you I've been experiencing issues with connectivity with the WNAP210. Especially on networks with more than 5 wireless clients. Some as many as 15+ wireless clients.
Seems to be a DNS issue, Seem to remain connected wirelesly on the Internal network SSID, can PING external, can't browse? But there are alot of other 'little' bugs too.

What did you guys end up doing? Did you move to a new AP product? if so, what?

Message 1 of 6
tc3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Someone has found a solution or another product surely??
400+ reads...any comments?

Thanks
Message 2 of 6
boatbodger
Tutor

I was having problems with DNS via this puppy. My computer had to send three DNS queries before getting a response, and then all three responses came at once! That meant each DNS lookup was taking six seconds meaning that internet browsing seemed excruciatingly slow.
Initially I thought it was my client (an HP laptop), but plugging in a wired connection proved it was only misbehaving over the wireless. My conclusion (which I have not had time to verify - but I could, using port-mirroring and Wireshark) was that the AP seemed to be buffering up traffic.
I found a setting under Configuration-Wireless-Advanced called AMPDU which is to do with agregating packets was set. Having turned this off, normal DNS response has been restored. Bizzarely, other wireless clients (e.g. iPad, Android tablet) using the same AP were not experiencing this problem.
Message 3 of 6
jasonab
Aspirant

This is the worst access point ever. I cant find an option as listed in the above post. I end up rolling back to my old wireless access points, and I am sitting with two doorstops. One access point I left in, every second day it just drops all the connections and I have to unplug it and plug it back in again.
Message 4 of 6
adit
Mentor

I don't have any problems with the 300 and 600 series of Netgear AP's.
Message 5 of 6
tc3
Aspirant
Aspirant

adit wrote:
I don't have any problems with the 300 and 600 series of Netgear AP's.

How many wireless clients do you have on the network simultaneously?
I've read about the same issue with the 300 and 600 series. I've been so mislead by netgear, Im hesitant to try yet another product!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements