Reply

Forced into Orbi SXR80 Router due to BR200 issues... Causing major issues with business wireless APs

PeteDin206
Aspirant

Forced into Orbi SXR80 Router due to BR200 issues... Causing major issues with business wireless APs

I'm trying to resolve consistent network drops across all of my devices which is rendering my entire network unusable in a remote work environment. I had to separate out the "IOT" network as a number of the devices require a 2.4GHz network only.  I've tried everything from running InstantWiFi optimization, to toggling everything from Fast Roaming, Load Balancing or Disassociating Sticky Clients.  None of the devices need to be on a separate VLAN, but if that may help, I can try set it up.  One of the challenges may be that the SXR80 seems to have locked "WiFi" profiles but I doubt that would cause an issue.  Given the placement of the SXR80, I'd prefer to have the wireless "turned off" on that device and just have the AP's places around the house function as wireless points.  Looking at the topology, it seems that a fairly significant number of devices are connected to that, but it may just be an error in the Insight topology view.  

 

Prior to replacing the BR200 with the SXR80 we never had these issues.

 

I've had multiple friends suggest I rip out every piece of Netgear hardware in my house and move to another hardware provider.  Sadly if I can't get this resolved, it will be my only choice.

 

2 SSID

Primary- 2.4/5/6GHz, WPA3 Personal Mixed VLAN1

IOT- 2.4GHz, WPA2 Personal VLAN1

 

Current Network Build:

SXR80 set as router mode  (4.2.3.102)

GS724TPP - POE Switch  (2.0.8.11)

2x WAX630 (10.3.0.7)

1x WAX610 (10.3.0.7)

1xWAX610Y (10.3.0.7)

 

I have 2 other WAX610s that are not currently connected. 

Message 1 of 2
PeteDin206
Aspirant

Re: Forced into Orbi SXR80 Router due to BR200 issues... Causing major issues with business wireless

From various posts that discuss consistent network disconnections, it seems like there is a persistent issue that Netgear isn't talking about.  These issues didn't exist when I was using the BR200 router.  I've worked through every possible setting to try and figure out how to fix it but even Netgear is unwilling to provide support on this (it started 95 days after the purchase of the SXR80 to replace the BR200), not to mention the completely incompetent phone tech support who transfers people around from person to person, due to the inability to access Insight or lack of training on specific devices.  

 

What sucks is approximately $2000 invested is not effectively junk unless I rebuild everything from scratch piece by piece to figure out what hardware is causing the issue. I can only assume it is some configuration in the SXR80 that doesn't work well with the WAX610/WAX630 APs.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 221 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements