× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Impossible to change Wifi password model WAC 104

Jean_Luc_M
Follower

Impossible to change Wifi password model WAC 104

Hi,

My WAC 104 is fine but initial password has to be changed.

My PC (Win11) can only be connected by ethernet and connection to aplogin conduct to netgear general screen..

I use https://kb.netgear.com/fr/30137/Comment-puis-je-trouver-ou-changer-le-mot-de-passe-WiFi-de-mon-route...

But my android tablet get an error message 

Jean_Luc_M_0-1663778030479.png

So, how is it possible to change Wifi password to get it more secure ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Impossible to change Wifi password model WAC 104

@Jean_Luc_M wrote:

My PC (Win11) can only be connected by ethernet and connection to aplogin conduct to netgear general screen.

The aplogin can only be used when DNS requests can be captured when a client is connected to the wireless (and just on the AP the client is connected to), not when connected to the wired LAN.

@Jean_Luc_M wrote:

I use https://kb.netgear.com/fr/30137/Comment-puis-je-trouver-ou-changer-le-mot-de-passe-WiFi-de-mon-route...

But my android tablet get an error message 

The WAC 104 isn't router, can't be managed by using GENIE App (on one hand intended to manage legacy consumer routers only, on the other hand completely obsolete).

Either use a wireless client connected direct to that WAC104 - I understand your Win 11 system has only a wired port - or by accessing from a Web browser using the WAC104 LAN IP address, available for example on the router DHCP table. 

The fine WAC104 User Manual  says on about p.25

Regardless of whether the AP is connected to the Internet, do one of the following:
- Option 1. Access yourrouter: Access the DHCP serverinformation of yourrouter
to see the devices that are connected to it, including the AP. The IP address that
is assigned to the AP is listed.
- Option 2. Use an IP scanner: Use an IP scanner application (they are available
free of charge on the Internet) in the network of your existing router. The IP
scanner results include the IP address that is assigned to the AP.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements