× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Insight WAC505 or WAC510 Installations - Post your Pics!

BretD
Admin

Insight WAC505 or WAC510 Installations - Post your Pics!

WAC510 Install VideoWAC510 Install Video

Do you have a WAC505 or WAC510 Insight Managed Wireless AP? We'd love to see your installation. With its stealthy exterior and super easy to setup and install, did you mount it somewhere clever? Are you retrofitting an existing WiFi Network? Are you powering it with GC Insight PoE Switches? Let us know and post your pics! Thanks for sharing! WAC505_13April17_left[1].png

I found a nice 50-second little setup video from user Chinese youtube channel wincosupport. Check it out!

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Insight WAC505 or WAC510 Installations - Post your Pics!

There are good reasons to head for Insight and an Insight Premium subscription, like RRM aka. Smart WiFi for example -> How do I use Smart WiFi or Auto-Radio Resource Management (RRM) in Insight?

Managing and maintaining multiple WAC505/510 (as of writing) in Insight is a pleasure, adding more WAC is a snap. I'll never look back to the by-device Web management.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
swieder
Tutor

I just replace an Orbi mesh kit with a WAC510 in AP mode and a WAC505. One is upstairs and the other is in the basement. Both have the same SSID.  I am using local AC power until my POE switch arrives.

Currently I am using local web management via the device IP address. Will I lose this option if I turn on Insight management? 

I switched from the Orbi due to its inability to run the APs on different wifi channels, 

Message 2 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Scott,

Web management still be available with limited function if you manage your APs with Insight management App.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 7
swieder
Tutor

@RaghuHR wrote:

Hi Scott,

Web management still be available with limited function if you manage your APs with Insight management App.

Thanks,

Raghu

Thanks. I will stick with web management and keep Insight turned off.

Are there any settings that are available thru Insight that cannot be accessed thru web management ?

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

There are good reasons to head for Insight and an Insight Premium subscription, like RRM aka. Smart WiFi for example -> How do I use Smart WiFi or Auto-Radio Resource Management (RRM) in Insight?

Managing and maintaining multiple WAC505/510 (as of writing) in Insight is a pleasure, adding more WAC is a snap. I'll never look back to the by-device Web management.

Message 5 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Hi Raghu,

@RaghuHR wrote:

please refer this KB article about Hybrid Management Mode (HMM)

https://kb.netgear.com/000059566/What-is-Hybrid-Management-Mode-and-how-does-it-apply-to-my-WAC505-o...

Wouldn't it be wise to add this information abut the HMM including the link (assuming its content will continued to be maintained) with the WAC Web UI instead of the vague pop-up telling about the Insight mode and some greyed out feaures (its more shaded in fact)?

WAC Insight Info.PNG

Further on, as the HMM is becoming a part of the design, please add an option to disable this intrusive pop-up.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements