× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Insight back to Local WAC510

rovo
Tutor

Insight back to Local WAC510

Hello,

I'm interested to try out the Insight Managed, but I'm unsure how I will be able to switch back to Local Managed if I don't want to stay with Insight Managed? Is there an option in the Insight Managed App to switch it back to local?

Thank you,

Rob

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Insight back to Local WAC510

To keep it simple, take a config backup, convert the WAX510 to the Insight management (makes mainly sense if you have multiple WAC/WAX and at least one cloud managed switch). If you remove the devices from Insight, you can always recover from the config backup(s). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

To keep it simple, take a config backup, convert the WAX510 to the Insight management (makes mainly sense if you have multiple WAC/WAX and at least one cloud managed switch). If you remove the devices from Insight, you can always recover from the config backup(s). 

Message 2 of 4
rovo
Tutor

Appreciate the advice! 

I have only 2 WAC510s and no cloud managed switch. Maybe best I leave it alone then. 

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The roaming behaviour for the two WAC could be enhanced in my understanding - in standalone management, the roaming capabilities are limited.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements