× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Insight back to Local WAC510

rovo
Tutor

Insight back to Local WAC510

Hello,

I'm interested to try out the Insight Managed, but I'm unsure how I will be able to switch back to Local Managed if I don't want to stay with Insight Managed? Is there an option in the Insight Managed App to switch it back to local?

Thank you,

Rob

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

To keep it simple, take a config backup, convert the WAX510 to the Insight management (makes mainly sense if you have multiple WAC/WAX and at least one cloud managed switch). If you remove the devices from Insight, you can always recover from the config backup(s). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

To keep it simple, take a config backup, convert the WAX510 to the Insight management (makes mainly sense if you have multiple WAC/WAX and at least one cloud managed switch). If you remove the devices from Insight, you can always recover from the config backup(s). 

Message 2 of 4
rovo
Tutor

Appreciate the advice! 

I have only 2 WAC510s and no cloud managed switch. Maybe best I leave it alone then. 

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The roaming behaviour for the two WAC could be enhanced in my understanding - in standalone management, the roaming capabilities are limited.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements