× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Mesh WAC564 to WAX620

Pappapappa
Aspirant

Mesh WAC564 to WAX620

Hi i am trying to mesh a WAC564 wifi extender to a WAX620 Wireless Access Point. The WAC564 is located in one building, with the WAX620 in another building. The buildings are approx 25 metres apart. I am unable to set up the Mesh network between the two buildings. However when both the WAC564 and the WAX620 are in the same building they do connect. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Mesh WAC564 to WAX620

If they connect in the same building but not in the other, I'd be betting on a signal issue. Exteriors of buildings tend to be made with materials that block wifi much better than interior walls. And 75ft between devices plus 2x exteriors walls might be to much

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

This combination is technically supported, indeed.

The question is what else is in between the two buildings except of the 25 meters?

Message 3 of 8
Pappapappa
Aspirant

Hi the buildings are simple concrete block construction in our garden. There is nothing in between the buildings (no trees etc), just open land.

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

Concrete is one of the best blockers of wifi. And if both buildings have exterior walls made with concrete, its going to significantly deteriorate the signal. I'd be betting on thats why it works if they're in the same building but not once you separate them. 

Message 5 of 8
Pappapappa
Aspirant

Ok thanks.  Perhaps I would be better installing an extender on the outside of one of the buildings to help me extend the signal? Can you recommend a suitable extender?

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Pappapappa,

You may want to check the WBC502 Insight Instant Wireless AirBridge.  Kindly check the specifications on its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Drop in or burry a network cable between the buildings (self-installable) - use WiFi APs on both sides.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements