× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Mobile devices slow on WG103

mhndsh
Aspirant

Mobile devices slow on WG103

Hi,

Comparing download speed between any mobile device in my network and the download speed from any laptop, i have:

* my ADSL is 8Mbps

* i do the download test for the same file from the same url

* i do the test many times

* the laptops is wifi connected too

* i tried may security settings on AP, and many channels

* i tried many mobile devices and different brands

the result is: download speed on laptops is about 6Mbps, while on mobiles it's not more than 2Mbps

Model: WG103|ProSafe 802.11G Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mhndsh
Aspirant

Re: Mobile devices slow on WG103

Thanks..

I have 10 APs in the area, all were on channel 1 (i don't know why they don't change the channel to another free one)..

I but them on channels 1,6,11 (and will put later on 1,5,9,13) and it's better now..

I think the problem was overlapping...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mhndsh,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You may also try upgrading the firmware to its latest version and reset it to factory default. Please try to connect the mobile devices on an open authentication. 

*Upgrading the firmware on a ProSAFE access point.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@mhndsh,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
mhndsh
Aspirant

Thanks..

I have 10 APs in the area, all were on channel 1 (i don't know why they don't change the channel to another free one)..

I but them on channels 1,6,11 (and will put later on 1,5,9,13) and it's better now..

I think the problem was overlapping...

Message 4 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@mhndsh,

That's great! If you do have multiple APs and it is not being handled by a wireless controller, it is not advisable to use the same channel as it will only cause radio interference. 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements