× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Model wac104

Piercestew
Aspirant

Model wac104

I’m using a wac 104 , new install, unit won’t recognize the password 

Message 1 of 4
Piercestew
Aspirant

Re: Model wac104 problems with initial installation

I ran an Ethernet cable to barn, plugged into the wac104.   I plugged a laptop into a port and was able to access the internet. But I can’t use WiFi, it won’t recognize the password 

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Piercestew,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let me share the article and use it as your guide in setting up your WAC104:

How do I install my WAC104 access point?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

What password exactly?

Can't establish the WiFi connection to the WAC104 either using the WPS method or the Manual Method as lined out in the NETGEAR 802.11ac Wireless Access Point Model WAC104 Installation Guide ' note: The default SSID and the passphrase is printed on the device label - this is not the default "password".

Once established the wireless connection direct to the WAC104, you need to check your router for the IP address the WAC104 has received (from the "Connected Devices", "Attached Devices", "DHCP Table", ...) and compare with the device MAC address if unclear. 

Unless I'm wrong, the http://www.aplogin.net can only be used if the WAC104 has not received an IP address from your router. A complete odd and customer unfriendly process @YeZ ...

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements