× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Multiple SSIDs with WAC120?

sparkyb
Follower

Multiple SSIDs with WAC120?

I'm setting up a wireless network for a small business. I have two separate wired VLANs, one for the retail/sales side and one for operations. I would like separate wireless SSIDs both both as well as possibly a guest SSID. Is this something I can do with the WAC120? I saw that it supports VLANs, but I don't see a way to create multiple SSIDs, just a way to assign the single SSID (well, 2, one for each band) to a particular VLAN.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Multiple SSIDs with WAC120?

Hello sparkyb, 

Welcome to the community! 

The WAC120 does not have the ability to broadcast multiple SSID. Yes, the WAC120 has the ability to connect to an  802.1Q VLAN but can only allow one VLAN to be configured as an untagged VLAN. My suggestion is to get a WNDAP360 instead of a WAC120. 

If you have more questions, the community is happy to answer. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Multiple SSIDs with WAC120?

Hello sparkyb, 

Welcome to the community! 

The WAC120 does not have the ability to broadcast multiple SSID. Yes, the WAC120 has the ability to connect to an  802.1Q VLAN but can only allow one VLAN to be configured as an untagged VLAN. My suggestion is to get a WNDAP360 instead of a WAC120. 

If you have more questions, the community is happy to answer. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements