× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

My two WAC510 devices are disconnected.

stonepillar
Aspirant

My two WAC510 devices are disconnected.

I have a BR200 router and the GC510PP switch is connected to it.

I have 2 WAC510 devices that are connected to the GC510PP switch.

I have an Insight app installed on my android phone but starting today, July 24, 2022, both WAC510 devices are indicated as 'disconnected.'

I have searched this community to figure out what I can do to fix this problem; however, I couldn't find specific information related to my issue.

Connected devices, such as PC and smart TVs, have an internet connection.

I have 2 existing SSIDs on WiFi Networks; however, I can't add an additional SSID that would show up on the list of available WiFi connecting points.

My assumption is that's because the WAC510 devices are not connected to the Insight Cloud.

How can I reconnect my WAC510 back to Insight Cloud?

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

I hired a professional to set up my home office network a year ago but that person is no longer available to help me with this issue.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: My two WAC510 devices are disconnected.

Already cold rebooted the two WAC510? 

Message 2 of 6
stonepillar
Aspirant

I have unplugged and replugged the PoE cable several times on 1 device and nothing changed.

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Don't hesitate to contact Netgear customer support. Include the output from the access points local Web UI - Management > Monitoring > Cloud Log and in case the complete Management > Logs > Download Detailed Logs as a reference.

@DaneA @JohnC_V @Marc_V @JeraldM please give your customer a hand.

Message 4 of 6
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the ping @schumaku!

Hi @stonepillar,

I see that you have an open case with support, please let us know if the proposed solution by the expert resolved your issue.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
stonepillar
Aspirant

I have contacted the customer service.
Found out, my subscription to Insight Cloud has expired
I have purchased additional device credits, which brought a new issue: they will not automatically apply the purchased credit so my WAPs are still disconnected.
They are now 'waiting for first connection', whatever that means.
The customer service representative couldn't figure this one out either so he told me he will research and get back to me.
Meanwhile, I still can't control my WAPs.

Sincerely,
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements