NETGEAR Moderator

NETGEAR Access Points and KRACK (WPA2 Vulnerabilities)

Is my standalone access point impacted by this vulnerability?

Please review https://kb.netgear.com/000049498/Security-Advisory-for-WPA-2-Vulnerabilities-PSV-2017-2826-PSV-2017-... which outlines affected APs and what firmware update requirements are needed to address any concerns.

My ProSAFE access point are being managed by a wireless controller (WC7500, WC7520, WC7600v1, WC7600v2, WC9500); am I susceptible to this vulnerability?

Managed access points acquire their firmware and configuration from a wireless controller. Access points controlled by a controller do not use client or WDS mode, and as such, are not vulnerable to PTK-vector attacks; however, the controlled access points are vulnerable to GTK-vector attacks. The GTK-vector covers broadcast and multicast traffic, which is not confidential by nature. In other words, someone with a network sniffer would be able to intercept this data. NETGEAR is working on updating controller firmware to address GTK-vector style attacks.

Message 1 of 2
NETGEAR Expert

Re: NETGEAR Access Points and KRACK (WPA2 Vulnerabilities)

You can check if your wireless controller firmware version is same or newer than the version mentioend in that KB article.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements