× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

NETGEAR® Insight WiFi 6 AX6000 Tri-Band Multi-Gig Access Point (WAX630) - DHCP Release option?

JackalopeWolf
Aspirant

NETGEAR® Insight WiFi 6 AX6000 Tri-Band Multi-Gig Access Point (WAX630) - DHCP Release option?

Hi there,

apologies if this is in the wrong section, does anyone know where exactly in the Netgear management section that I can find the DHCP Release time sections so that when wireless devices are connected i can set a timer on how long it takes for it to release the IP?

Message 1 of 5
JackalopeWolf
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR® Insight WiFi 6 AX6000 Tri-Band Multi-Gig Access Point (WAX630) - DHCP Release option?

Sorry I mean't - Lease time**

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: NETGEAR® Insight WiFi 6 AX6000 Tri-Band Multi-Gig Access Point (WAX630) - DHCP Release option?

Hm, usually the DHCP server for a network is operated on a different device, unlikely not on a Wireless Access Point like a WAX630. So a little bit unclear what information you are behind here for configuring the lease time. 

Message 3 of 5
JackalopeWolf
Aspirant

Hi there, 

So with one of the Netgear Wireless Access Points there is a DHCP Lease option where you can set it to release the IP's of connected devices from anywhere to 1 minute to 1 day - as we have a lot of connected Devices throughout the day sometimes it won't release IP's for other to connect, that make sense?

So in short a lot of devices that connect to it still can without waiting on a IP to come available on the connected SSID's.

However I spoke to netgear directly as I was able to get through to them! this doesn't support DHCP IP Client lease option so will have to put it on a scheduled reboot. 

Message 4 of 5
JackalopeWolf
Aspirant

Do you know if the 

Netgear WAC720 ProSAFE Dual Band Wireless AC Access Point has the option to set scheduled reboots?  can see it has a schedule for when SSID's can go over during the week and weekends?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements