× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Need help (RAX120, WAX610 & 630)

Xetra
Aspirant

Need help (RAX120, WAX610 & 630)

Hello!

I need some help to configure my installation.

I have a restaurant and i need to have a very good wifi because all my phones communications are in wifi and my restaurant is very long (500 meters long) with old big wall in hard stone.

Can I make a wifi on each (RAX120, WAX610 & 630) with the same wfi SSID to have a wifi to all my restaurant ? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: Need help (RAX120, WAX610 & 630)

In theory, yes, but you won't have seamless switchover between APs/routers. For that you need a Mesh system with a few satellites (like the Orbi from NETGEAR). They can be expensive, though.
Message 2 of 4
Xetra
Aspirant

Thanks !
So I must create a first WiFi on the wax630 and then put the wax610 on mesh with it ?
Or is it possible to make a WiFi master on the Rax120 and then make a mesh system with the 2 wax ?
Thanks again
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The ideal solution is to have the three devices distributed about equally over the length of the restaurant, and use network cables from the router to each of the WAX. Also is you intend to think about Insight Mesh, the primary root AP (ideally two for redundancy and coverage) require to be wired to the main router. Not sure the WAX610 can be operated as an Insight Mesh extender.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements