× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Need instructions to update WFS709TP firmware.

Hounddawg
Aspirant

Need instructions to update WFS709TP firmware.

I have a WFS709TP smart wireless switch and some maching WAGL102 Access Points that I'm reconfiguring for use in a Restaurant/Sports Bar/Entertainment Centre for use by guests.  Before I configure the units though, I'd like to update the firmware on the WFS709TP.  It is currently running 2.5.6.0 firmware.  I've downloaded the 2.5.6.24_22925 firmware to my computer and the documentation in the zip file (html document) says to refer to the manual for the device for instructions.  I've combed through the manuals and can't find the instructions to install the firmware.  I've also gone through all the configuration screens on the device and can't find any GUI to allow this.  Can someone provide the instructions on how to complete the firmware update?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Need instructions to update WFS709TP firmware.

Hi Hounddawg,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly refer to the instructions on page 13-17 of the WFS709TP Software Administration Manual here about Managing Image Files.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Hounddawg,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly refer to the instructions on page 13-17 of the WFS709TP Software Administration Manual here about Managing Image Files.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Hounddawg
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response.  When I searched the manuals I used the keyword "firmware".  Didn't have time to sift through a 220 page manual.  lol

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Hounddawg,

You're welcome! 🙂  Keep us posted if you're able to update the firmware of your WFS709TP to the latest version.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Hounddawg,

I just want to follow-up.  Were you able to update the firmware of your WFS709TP to the latest version? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 5 of 7
Hounddawg
Aspirant

Yes.  I was able to update it, but couldn't do it from within Windows.  I ended up installing a TFTP server on my computer and updated it through TFTP.  No problem after that.

Thanks again,

Tom

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Hounddawg,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad to that you were able to update the firmware of the WFS709TP via TFTP. 🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements