Highlighted
Aspirant

Netgear Access Points

New to the site so will try and make this as clear as possible:

I am from a Telecomm environment which is where we deploy our access points. It is becomming more frequent that we are using WiFi handsets over SIP.

My issue is that we have a single site which has 3 units. Each unit has WiFi phones connecting via Netgear access point.

We can use 2 forms of registration Multicast , if the handsets are on the internal network and Unicast if outside. All are on internal network however I can only register them as Unicast.

We are getting good outbound speach but very poor inbound speach quality.

The handsets we are using are LG IPECS WIT400HE.

Just seeing if anyone has had a similar issue with this product. I am using WNDAP660 access point in other areas with similar problem.

Any advice welcome.

Regards

RossDatel 

Model: WN203v2|ProSAFE Wireless N Access Point
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Access Points

Hi RossDatel, 

Welcome to the community! 

Is this setup working fine before or is it the first time you are setting it up? I suggest enabling WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) Configuration>Wireless>Basic.QoS Settings. See if this will help, or if needed, you can also configure advanced quality of service (see page 111). Also, I'd like to know what firmware is being used currently. 

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks JohnRo
This is a new installation. We have sites which use 1 or 2 handsets through a single Draytek and work fine. This is the first time we have used the access points. The AP's are all on the latest firmware.
Will have a look at the settings you suggest.
The only other odd thing we have noticed is, the customer is on SIP. If I call my office which is SIP, the calls are clear. When we call outside the SIP network we seem to get the problem. It is proving to be a bit strange. I have had the network run traces but it proved inconclusive.

Many thanks again..
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RossDatel, 

Try adjusting the WMM settings first and see if QoS adjustments will help. It is weird that it is different on SIP networks, I'll try to search more about this. 

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RossDatel, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo.
We are still working on it. WMM settings did not appear to make any difference.
I have managed to rectify the registration issue. If I reduce the encryption to 64bit WEP I can register the handsets in the correct manner. I have fed this back to netgear on the open ticket an am awaiting their responce. I can also register the handsets correctly registering using WPA and WPA2 directly with the draytek. The netgear access points will not allow this at all...
Will keep the site updated with the future findings.
Regards RossDatel
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RossDatel, 

I saw your support case. I'll probably wait for the support expert's response as well so that we do not make conflicting troubleshooting. Update this post once you got a reply. 

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RossDatel, 

It appears that the case has been escalated to Level 3/Engineering. Attach your configuration file and indicate your firmware version on your online ticket. 

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements