× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Netgear Authorized Resellers List - WAX620

Batman-15
Tutor

Netgear Authorized Resellers List - WAX620

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I cannot seem to find any documentation that lists out all of the authorized resellers of Netgear equipment. I purchased an RAX620AP (Access Point) on August 24. It died today on the 13th. I called Netgear support and was told that they could not ship me out a new access point because I purchased it from Amazon through a company called ARF Tech and that I would have to send in pictures of my proof of purchase along with my serial number so that a case could be opened up to determine if there was anything that could be done. Please keep in mind that this access point is the only one I have for my small business. Before I purchased the access point from Amazon, I called Netgear and I was told that Amazon is an authorized reseller.

Adding insult to injury!

I have since ordered the same access point from Netgear to get my business back up and running. The product page indicated that if I bought today it would be here by the 15th. I used PayPal to check out and purchase the access point. Then I was redirected to the Netgear confirmation page and the delivery date changed to the 20th. WTF! 

As a paying customer, I am sick and tired of being jerked around like this. Customers are supposed to be treated like gold, but I learned from my mistakes.

Message 1 of 7

Re: Netgear Authorized Resellers List

How about going back to the people who supplied the thing? In most countries they are responsible for something that new. Up to three years in some countries.

By the way, the RAX620AP is not one of the Powerline Networking covered in this section.

But, unless you are looking for help to fix this thing, that doesn't really matter because you are asking for information that the people who hang out here won't have.

This is essentially a user-to-user forum, with some input from a small band of Netgear techies. They don't deal with sales.

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

The problem with Amazon is that there are 3rd party sellers. Yes, amazon is an authorized reseller but the 3rd party vendors on there aren't. this is the same with all the things you purchase on there. its why you need to look at where you're purchasing it from on there. 

Message 3 of 7
Batman-15
Tutor

Recap

I purchased the RAX620AP (Access Point) on August 24 from Amazon thru a company called ARF Tech . It died earlier today on the 13th. I called Netgear support and was told that they could not ship me out a new access point because I purchased it from Amazon through a company called ARF Tech and that I would have to send in pictures of my proof of purchase along with my serial number so that a case could be opened up to determine if there was anything that could be done. This process was so that they could validate whether ARF tech was an authorized reseller.

Update:

This morning I again called Netgear and spoke to James in customer support. He informed me that I did not supply the correct information last night. He walked me through getting the billing invoice. I asked him if there was a list of authorized resellers for Netgear products His responses, Yes, but they don't give that information out! Unbelievable! I then asked him if ARF tech was an authorized reseller. He said yes they were! So last night I spent three hours on the phone speaking/pleading with a person who should have validated that the company I purchased the access point from was an authorized reseller and based on the warranty shipped me out a new access point to get my business up and running no later than today.

Recap

In order to try and get my business back up and running, I have ordered the same access point from Netgear. The product page indicated that if I bought today it would be here by the 15th. I used PayPal to check out and purchase the access point. Then I was redirected to the Netgear confirmation page and the delivery date changed to the 20th.

Update:

According to James, the access point should be here Thursday or Friday.

Update:

Whether this is the right community or not to be posting on, it is the only one offered from my support page.

Conclusion:

It appears the Netgear support personnel are not trained properly (with the possible exception of James) especially when it comes to their business products and understanding the importance they are to small businesses such as mine. I will update this post when the access point arrives.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please confirm the Netgear product your using and model # seen on the product sticker. RAX620 doesn't seem to be a valid product model. 

Are you referring to this model AP? 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/wax620.aspx

Message 5 of 7

@Batman-15 wrote:

Whether this is the right community or not to be posting on, it is the only one offered from my support page.

I don't know what your "support page" is, but there is a big shiny link to SUPPORT at the top of the page. That will take you to things like product registration and warranty services.

This place is essentially a user-to-user community for technical support.

You didn't ask for technical help. You asked about sellers.

Message 6 of 7
Batman-15
Tutor

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements