× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Netgear Insight wifi roaming

RudyTwee
Follower

Netgear Insight wifi roaming

Hi,

I have a wireless network with 4 WAC720 antennas. Now there are some problems with the roaming thru my office cause of sticky Wi-Fi.

I know I could solve this with a wireless controller like the WC7520 where I can set forced roaming, but that seems a bit overkill to just solve this problem.

Now my question: Is it possible to manage forced roaming settings without a physical controller, but with a software or cloud-solution? Maybe with Netgear Insight Pro? I can’t find this specific information anywhere.

Thanks for any clear answer!

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Insight wifi roaming

Hi RudyTwee,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

WAC720 is one of our old access points that does not support roaming feature unless it is connected to a wireless controller. This also does not support Insight Feature but our newer models thus support Insight and roaming feature as well.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Insight wifi roaming

Hi RudyTwee,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

WAC720 is one of our old access points that does not support roaming feature unless it is connected to a wireless controller. This also does not support Insight Feature but our newer models thus support Insight and roaming feature as well.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements