× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Netgear WAC120 Wireless slow

richtracey
Aspirant

Sorry this post was in reply to Raghu from NETGEAR tech support but seems to have gone to the general chain! New on this forum so hopefully Raghu will see this...

Hi Raghu,

I too like many others have suffered with this slow down issue on the WAC120 since buying the first one in October 2015 - I have waited on numerous firmware updates and had 3 units now, all units had the same slow down issue after a few days in both 2.4 and 5ghz modes. When rebooted all is fine again for a few days then everything slows right down on throughput - I know it's not an issue with my network as everything hardwired maintains a constant 1gbps connection and I use a gigabit ProSafe switch also (with the latest firmware).

I would like to get this beta firmware patch please as 2.0.9 didn't resolve the issue for me and has exactly the same problem - I factory reset once I upgraded to 2.0.9 as suggested on many posts but the issues recur. The link posted by Raghu doesn't work to request the patch, if someone knows the correct place to request it could they post if ok?

Thanks and fingers crossed hard,

Rich

Model: WAC120|SOHO 802.11ac Gigabit Wireless Access Point
Message 51 of 64
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Rich - Our support team will reach you soon. Thanks
Message 52 of 64
BroadbandMike
Aspirant

I've been running the patch for about 2 weeks and still have full speed 🙂

Message 53 of 64
BroadbandMike
Aspirant

Hmm - my iPhone 7 connection rate has just dropped to 6 - going to have to restart access point 😞

Available Wireless Stations (802.11ac)

MAC Address  BSSID  SSID  Channel  Rate  State  Type  AID  Mode  Status 
xx:xx:xx:xx:99:5Cxx:xx:ce:29:ff:30NETGEAR_11ac36400.00QOS/HTwpa2111acAssociated
xx:xx:xx:xx:11:35xx:xx:ce:29:ff:30NETGEAR_11ac366.00QOS/HTwpa2211acAssociated
Message 54 of 64
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Are you using the latest beta firmware? If not please reach our support team to get the new beta firmware which other users are getting good speed.

Thanks

Raghu

Message 55 of 64
richtracey
Aspirant

Hi all,

Update from my side - I've been using the beta firmware since late last Sunday (so nearly a week now), not rebooted once and still seeing full speeds - so definitely better than before and much better for everyone using it, no complaints!

If anything changes for me I'll update here.

Thanks,

Rich

Message 56 of 64
Paul2004v
Aspirant

I too am still seeing full speed network access for all my devices. Once in a while one device may slow down but all the others are fine and after a while, the device that slowed down returns to full speed.

I haven't rebooted now in over 2 weeks 😄

Paul

Message 57 of 64
MacPTS
Aspirant

Betreff: Netgear WAC120 Wireless slow

Hello rich,

where can I download the fix ?

Thanks a lot.

Sven

Message 58 of 64
peterangus
Aspirant

Have had the same slowdown issue with mine. Just installed v2.0.9, previously had v2.0.7. Waiting to see if new firmware helps.

Message 59 of 64
Paul2004v
Aspirant

2.0.9 suffers from the same problem. You need the patched version which is 2.0.9.1 which several people are running as beta including me. We were given it directly by Netgear staff and had to sign a non disclosure type document so we can't send you a copy.

The good news is that I haven't rebooted my Access Points since I installed 2.0.9.1 so when the patch is officially released, it'll solve the issue.

Paul

Message 60 of 64
peterangus
Aspirant

I am testing 2.0.9.1 and so far, have found that 5GHz is maintaining connection at normal rate (I can connect to Speedtest and download/upload speeds are as per wired connection), not throttling back to 1Mbps as it had been doing.

Cheers. P.

Message 61 of 64
gmikalef
Aspirant

Hi ,

I have exactly the same problem. How can I get the beta firmware ?

Message 62 of 64
gmikalef
Aspirant

Hi Raghur,

how can I get the beta firmware for the wac120 ? I have upgraded to 2.0.9 and still have the same issues as the rest.

Cheers !!!

Message 63 of 64
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Please reach our Support team. They will provide the beta firmware.

Thanks

Raghu

Message 64 of 64
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 63 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements