× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Netgear WC9500 and strange restarts

Krzywy
Aspirant

Netgear WC9500 and strange restarts

Good morning
I am the owner of the Netgear WC9500 wifi controller. For some time I have a problem with it, during the configuration of the portafi to restart, an example I want to add mac address security enter it click add then apply and unfortunately restart and so may be 3 to 5 times zamin will surprise.
Why this is happening, whether to try to reset it to the factory settings and return the settings from the backup, currently installed on it firmware version 6.5.3.7. There are also other cases of such a restart, e.g.
Configuration - adwanced - rogue ap here waits and spins and pops up time out and then reboot but not always.
Perhaps this post will be read by the engineer Netgear a question to him whether he would not add to the field with a description in the section in which mac addresses are entered.
Regards
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear WC9500 and strange restarts

Hi,

We are unable to re-create this issue in our lab, will you be able to share the configuration backup of the controller for us to recreate this issue?

Can you answer few more questions: 

1. What is the earlier firmware version, which was working fine without any reboots.

2. Have you tried factory reset and configure the controller from the scratch without restoring the configuration backup from older firmware versions?

3. If you are using the configuration backup from which firmware version you have taken the configuration backup?

4. If you remember what is the upgrade path you followed to come to the current firmware version?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Welcome to the Netgear Community!.

WC9500 restart is a strange and serious issue, we would to work on it with high priority. I was going through your post but i am really sorry that i could not understand the real issue here except the restart. Please can you explain the issue in detail, so that we will be in a position to help you better.

Message 2 of 9
Krzywy
Aspirant

Hey
Example
1. configuration - security - advanced - rogue ap, I do nothing and restart
2.configuration - security - advanced - mac acl, enter mac, click add and restart
Message 3 of 9
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

We are unable to re-create this issue in our lab, will you be able to share the configuration backup of the controller for us to recreate this issue?

Can you answer few more questions: 

1. What is the earlier firmware version, which was working fine without any reboots.

2. Have you tried factory reset and configure the controller from the scratch without restoring the configuration backup from older firmware versions?

3. If you are using the configuration backup from which firmware version you have taken the configuration backup?

4. If you remember what is the upgrade path you followed to come to the current firmware version?

Message 4 of 9
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Do you have any update on the questions i have posted in my previous mail.

If you have resolved the issue, please can you put the steps here so that other community users can get benefit out of it and mark this case as an "Acceptable Solution"

Message 5 of 9
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

I Would like to follow up on this, did the issue got resolved?

Message 6 of 9
Krzywy
Aspirant

Currently, I can not restore the controller to factory settings due to illness, when I return to work I will take care of it.

Message 7 of 9
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

How are you doing, i hope you are better now. Please ping us if you are ready to work on this issue. We are ready to help you anytime.

thanks,

laxman.

Message 8 of 9
Krzywy
Aspirant

Hi
The problem has been solved, I restored the factory settings, I made the reconfiguration and it is OK.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements