× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Netgear WN604 as Access Point for home (we already have a router, a wired one)

stefano_capelli
Aspirant

Netgear WN604 as Access Point for home (we already have a router, a wired one)

I'm trying to buy the Netgear WN604 and an online shop says it's being phased out.  Can anyone confirm that?

Otherwise, I can't find any product that could work only as access point, as we're not considering a wireless router (we have a wired modem router).

Thanks!

Stefano

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear WN604 as Access Point for home (we already have a router, a wired one)

Hello stefano_capelli, 

Welcome to the community! 

See if you can find an authorized reseller using this link. There is a chance that it might just be out of stock. We do have a lot of models that you can choose from, please click here for business type APs and here for SOHO APs. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear WN604 as Access Point for home (we already have a router, a wired one)

Hello stefano_capelli, 

Welcome to the community! 

See if you can find an authorized reseller using this link. There is a chance that it might just be out of stock. We do have a lot of models that you can choose from, please click here for business type APs and here for SOHO APs. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
thcheng
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

WN604 is one the way out.  There are a few other AP's that you can use today.  WAC120 is a similar product (in terms of use case), but with higher throughput (11ac).

Let me know if that will fit your need.

You can get more info on the WAC120 on the following:

http://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/soho-wireless/wac120.aspx

Good luck,

Thomas

Message 3 of 5
stefano_capelli
Aspirant

Sorry, just a confirmation: you said that Netgear WN604 is on the way out, which means that somehow you know it's going to be phased out soon, correct?

Thanks,

Stefano

Message 4 of 5
thcheng
NETGEAR Expert

I expect that most of the new AP's will be in 11ac.  WN604 is a 11n AP.    Most of the new purchase by customers and deployment are in 11ac.     For future proofing, it is best to look to 11ac solution.

Thomas

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements