New Firmware 4.1.0.7

coljediv
Aspirant

New Firmware 4.1.0.7

I received an email from insightalerts@netgear.com indicating a new firmware available for the WAC510.  But the TAR file is nowhere to be found.

The following firmware is available to upgrade your device:

Firmware Details:
Model WAC510
Firmware Version: 4.1.0.7

Why would I be unable to find it?

coljediv
Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 7
bartmanmac
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware 4.1.0.7

Same here..

Message 2 of 7
peterss
Initiate

same here - no 4.1.0.7 in sight.  No pun intended

Message 3 of 7
SanthoP
NETGEAR Employee

Hi ALL,

The new AP FW can be upgraded to the APs managed from Insight App by clicking on the Networks -> Firmware management -> click update (you will see Current version and Update version).

After clicking "Update" button, the new AP FW V4.1.0.7 will start upgrading to the device automatically.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Amazingly, the common download area ie. Support / WAC510 / Firmware and Software Downloads -> Current Versions -> Firmware Version 4.1.0.7 does not contain a download for the effective firmware image.

Instead, there is just a link to the WAC505 / WAC510 Firmware Version 4.1.0.7 release notes - which does again contain a download link near to the end of the text. Some reading would easily self-answer these questions however. 

Strange Netgear policy change, or simply lazyness? @SanthoP - not everyone does want to use live update mechanisms, but stick with the classic download, expand .zip to .tar and upload by browser instead.

Message 5 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @schumaku

Did you checked this page  https://kb.netgear.com/000055983/WAC505-WAC510-Firmware-Version-4-1-0-7

This is the common download area. Please check if you see differently.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Yes, these are the release notes I was talking of before. Still no direct firmware download available - this does not fit to other products and earlier releases.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements