× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Nighthawk AX2400 (Rax30) - Setup Not Working

GaudetK
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX2400 (Rax30) - Setup Not Working

Hello all,

I work for a company that has a server, switches, hardware firewall, and access ports scattered throughout the building, our wired internet is working fine, however recently our Wi-Fi went out, and although trying every fix under the sun, the Wi-Fi is still out.

We then proceeded to buy a new Router, the Nighthawk AX2400 (Rax30). However, upon attempting the setup via the app, or via our IP Router Config, no setups seem to be working. I've contacted support about this issue to no avail, nothing was solved, and I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced an similar issue.

The setup steps start by asking you to unplug your modem and power supply. However because we are in a busy office, to do that would be detrimental to peoples work. Are there any ways around having to unplug or disconnect things to get the setup working?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX2400 (Rax30) - Setup Not Working

it's perfect you posted in the Netgear Business Wireless section...

@GaudetK wrote:

I work for a company that has a server, switches, hardware firewall, and access ports scattered throughout the building, our wired internet is working fine, however recently our Wi-Fi went out, and although trying every fix under the sun, the Wi-Fi is still out.

Best suggestion I can give to would be some more careful planning, probably review the company existing network design, and evaluate what you really need to build a Wi-Fi to fit the needs and requirements.

@GaudetK wrote:

We then proceeded to buy a new Router, the Nighthawk AX2400 (Rax30). However, upon attempting the setup via the app, or via our IP Router Config, no setups seem to be working. I've contacted support about this issue to no avail, nothing was solved, and I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced an similar issue.

Feel sorry, but I can't resist to ask what caused the idea was for buying a RAX30 into such an environment?!? A consumer router might or might not fit for such a plan. Clearly saying: Wrong approach, and waste of support resources. Ways out from what the consumer level support can and must provide. 

@GaudetK wrote:

The setup steps start by asking you to unplug your modem and power supply. However because we are in a busy office, to do that would be detrimental to peoples work. Are there any ways around having to unplug or disconnect things to get the setup working?

For whatever purpose such a consumer router is designed and built. Certainly not to replace the network infrastructure you already have in place. Can't be difficult to bring up such a RAX30 up and running in an isolated test environment. Not sorry, Netgear or any other consumer vendor support can't help with what you want to achieve. Definitively not Netgear's mistake. If downtime should be required for whatever reason, then nobody on earth can free you up from this planning job. But before, I fear the issues I read here are on a different level with your existing network design, network documentation, lack of planning or no idea of what you have and what you want to achieve can't be an excuse. If you can't handle it yourself, find professional IT network support in our area. Just buying another Wi-Fi router and hope it will solve all problems probably ignored for years isn't a solution at all. 

Message 2 of 5
GaudetK
Aspirant

Just to be clear, we are not necessarily attempting to replace or rebuild any current infrastructure, to put it in the simplest terms, we had a consumer grade router (Nothing special), it stopped working, so we bought a replacement. The setup wasn't working therefor asked for some suggestions. 

In no way shape or form was I disregarding the support team, or saying they did a bad job, just didn't get the results I was looking for, however, they did help with some aspects that I haven't dealt with or am not familiar with at that moment.

And there were times planned in the office for network downtime however those fell through as workloads were increased or our need for a connection was crucial at the time, we will be setting it up sometime soon with a full modem reboot, however was just looking for some advice as to if anyone has tried to do it without an entire modem reboot.

If not then that's fine. We will figure it out.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@GaudetK wrote:

Just to be clear, we are not necessarily attempting to replace or rebuild any current infrastructure, to put it in the simplest terms, we had a consumer grade router (Nothing special), it stopped working, so we bought a replacement. The setup wasn't working therefor asked for some suggestions. 

Strongly doubt installing this RAX30 at the same logical (and probably physical) position is an issue or causing bigger problems. Same LAN configuration (LAN IP subnet), same WAN/Internet configuration (what ISP, what Internet connection, what configuration was in place before), and up you go.

That's the advise to follow, in absence of any useful insight. Happy to help, however RTFM goes on you, start from Nighthawk AX 5-stream AX2400 WiFi 6 Router Model RAX30 User Manual with Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 in case the consumer basic Nighthawk AX2400 WiFi 6 Router Quick Start Guide with using the Nighthawk App does not lead to a workable installation.  Keep in mind neither the K.I.S.S. QSG App process nor the standard suggestions for starting from scratch from the Netgear support is intended to for a smooth integration into an existing environment.  

Message 4 of 5
GaudetK
Aspirant

Thank you for the helpful information, it is much appreciated!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements