× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: No internet on WAX214 through pfsense

Gbar247
Initiate

No internet on WAX214 through pfsense

Hi all,

Newbie here and first time posting... bare with me.

Im having issues getting internet when my WAP is connected to GS305EP switch which in turn is connected to my pfsense pc. I can get internet access if im hardwired to the switch but if my laptop connects to the wifi I get nothing.

ISP > connected to pfsense re0

pfsense re1 > port (5) GS305EP switch

GS305EP port (1) poe enable to the WAX214

Does anyone know if the WAX214 802.11ax is compatible with pfsense 2.6.0?

Im I missing a Rule or Route, something!?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Gbar247
Initiate

So i found my solution and it was neither Netgear or Pfsense(sort of). lol. My problem lied on my NIC ports :Realtek. It seemed that Pfsense 2.6.0 does not have the needed Realtek driver package which is why i was seeing 00:00:00:00:00:00 on both my Interfaces and no getting internet. Anyway after installing the realtek package it all started to work well. You can find topic here:

https://forum.netgate.com/topic/169896/updated-realtek-nic-drivers-missing-in-pfsense-2-6-0

I hope this can help anyone else out there who might be having problems, this can be at least a first step in finding a solution to your trouble.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You might be better at asking on the pfsense forum as the pfsense is whats handling dhcp

Message 2 of 4
Gbar247
Initiate

So i found my solution and it was neither Netgear or Pfsense(sort of). lol. My problem lied on my NIC ports :Realtek. It seemed that Pfsense 2.6.0 does not have the needed Realtek driver package which is why i was seeing 00:00:00:00:00:00 on both my Interfaces and no getting internet. Anyway after installing the realtek package it all started to work well. You can find topic here:

https://forum.netgate.com/topic/169896/updated-realtek-nic-drivers-missing-in-pfsense-2-6-0

I hope this can help anyone else out there who might be having problems, this can be at least a first step in finding a solution to your trouble.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

glad you found the issue and posted back here with what fixed it! sure might help others. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements